- Air Conditioning
- Energy Audits
- Duct Systems
- Indoor Air Quality
- Other Services
This is a unique, fast track, learning position and the candidate chosen should be ready to be on their own within 3 months. In-home sales related to home improvements or construction HVAC experience is recommended but not required, as we will train the right candidate.
Our company provides a paycheck with a purpose. There is more to what we do than just making a buck - we are not in this to be slick or shady, this is a position for individuals that want to make an impact with what they do and aren't afraid of working to achieve their goals.
The candidate chosen will learn the ins and outs of completing a thorough energy audit and evaluating a home's HVAC and building envelope system from start to finish, how to interact with the customer, follow up and close the sale. The goal is to mold the chosen candidate into an Energy and Comfort Adviser.
If you have prior experience working with people, have any prior technical sales experience, or have any HVAC experience that is an extra plus! Our company never cuts corners and we treat our customers and employees as we would treat our own family.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software and some Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient with computers and ability to type, spell, and communicate well with people
- Basic prior knowledge of general building methods, insulation, HVAC and energy efficient upgrades
- Well spoken, clean cut and a positive attitude
- A people-person
- A strong work ethic
- Comfortable with the idea of in-home sales and asking for the sale
- Be able to work efficiently with a tight schedule
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting and on your own
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work some early mornings, nights and/or weekends during our peak season
- Ability to work between the hours of 8am - 5pm (most common)
- Ability to read people well, be in control and ask for the sale without strong arming them into signing an agreement, but not rolling over, either
- Ability to adapt well to different personalities and listen - SALES come from listening to the customer and SOLVING their problems
- Be able to listen and take constructive criticism and direction well from your superiors
- Be willing and physically able to crawl in tight spaces, specifically in an attic, for about 15-20 minutes at a time, 2-3 times per day
- Be able to withstand the Arizona heat
- Ability to think critically and attend to detail
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with prospective customers
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs, several times per day
We are a company that prides ourselves on innovation and are constantly looking for ways to improve. We do things right and have a great reputation in our market so the ideal candidate will share our passion for quality and being the best of the best! We do not sell people things they don't need. Everything we offer is done in-house; we do not sell solar.
Some college, in-home sales or construction experience is preferred, but not required. If you have the right mindset, are a fast learner, are able to think outside the box, critically, and generally understand how buildings are built (or have the desire to understand), care about the environment and WANT to make an impact with your career while making money, this may be the job for you! Prior in-home or any sales experience is a major plus!
After training is completed:
- Base salary with a competitive commission
- Bonuses available for targets met
Driver's License and Clean Driving Record
- Hourly, paid training period
- Paid education types, and BPI Building Analyst Certification
- Paid holidays, paid vacation and health insurance after 90 days
- Company matching
Who this is not for:
- Someone who just wants a paycheck
- Someone who just wants to skate by and doesn't like hard work (we want people that want to go the extra mile to be the best they can be - those are the people that will excel in this position)
- Someone who does not like interacting with people
- Someone who cannot withstand heat
- Someone who does not like working on the computer
- Someone with poor sense of humor or doesn't like to have fun
- Someone who wakes up grumpy and lazy
- If you have difficulty grasping technical concepts, this position will not work for you
How to Apply:
Please respond to this posting with a resume and cover letter answering the following questions below:
Tell us about yourself! What do you do for fun, what are your hobbies?!
What interests YOU in this position?
If one word could describe yourself, what would that word be?
***MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TEST***