Energy Auditor's Apprentice
The Energy Auditor's Apprentice will work alongside the Lead Energy Auditor in order to learn how to perform energy audits on their own. The goal is to develop The Energy Auditor's Apprentice into a Lead Energy Auditor. The Energy Auditor apprentice will learn the ins and outs of completing a thorough energy audit from start to finish, how to interact with the customer, follow up and close the sale. We do things right and have a great reputation in our market so the ideal candidate will share our passion for quality and being the best of the best! This is a unique, fast track learning position and the apprentice chosen should be ready to be on their own within 3 months.
THIS IS A FULL TIME PAID TRAINING POSITION
The Energy Auditor's Apprentice must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities in order to succeed in this position:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software and some Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient with computers and ability to type and spell well
- Basic prior knowledge of general building methods
- Well spoken, clean cut and a positive attitude
- Be able to work efficiently with a tight schedule
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A positive attitude and ability to work well in a team setting
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Be able to lift 50 lbs
- Be willing and physically able to crawl in tight spaces, specifically an attic, for about 15-20 minutes at a time, 2-3 times per day
- Be able to withstand the Arizona heat
- Ability to think critically and attend to detail
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with prospective customers
- Clean driving record
- Hourly, paid training
- Paid education and BPI Building Analyst Certification
- Paid holidays and paid vacation!
Once trained, compensation includes:
- Base salary with a competitive commission
- Bonuses available for targets met
Some college, construction or sales experience is preferred, but not required. If you have the right mindset, are a fast learner, are able to think outside the box, critically, and generally understand how buildings are built (or have the desire to understand), care about the environment and WANT to make an impact with your career while making money, this may be the job for you!
Our company provides a paycheck with a purpose. There is more to what we do than just making a buck - we are not in this to be slick or shady, this is a position for individuals that want to make an impact with what they do and aren't afraid of working to achieve their goals.
If you have prior experience working with people, that is an extra plus! Servers, bar tenders, baristas, real estate pros, we're talking about YOU! Our company never cuts corners and we treat our customers and employees as we would treat our own family.
Who this is not for:
-Someone who just wants a paycheck
-Someone who just wants to get by and doesn't like hard work
-Someone who does not like interacting with people
-Someone who cannot withstand heat
-Someone who does not like working on the computer
-If you don't like fun or are way too serious for anyone's own good
-If you wake up grumpy
-If you're lazy
Job Type: Full-time
HOW TO APPLY:
Please respond to this posting with a resume and cover letter answering the following questions below:
-Tell us about yourself! What do you do for fun, what are your hobbies?!
-What interests YOU in this position?
-If one word could describe yourself, what would that word be?
About Ideal Energy:
We are a local HVAC and Home Performance contractor. Our industry is growing and is unique as it addresses not only a home's HVAC system, but all of the other pieces, such as insulation and high performance duct design. If you are interested in joining an energetic and quality driven team, this is the job for you. We are looking for people that share our desire to improve people's homes and make a positive impact on their lives. Customer service, quality workmanship and satisfaction is our number one goal. We don't offer gimmick products and focus on offering services that make the home a more comfortable and energy efficient place to live!